Thursday, April 26, 2012

Relay for Life


There’s always this sad feeling when we go on vacation that when we cross the first half of it, we are closer to its end so we start feeling sad. With Fantasy Faire might arise a similar emotion, closer to its end than to its start. Being an event that lasts only 8 days we shall get rid of this feeling because every day is full of possibilities and another goal for all of us to show how we Relay. Fugitive, but intense, there’s still plenty to do, to see, to experience; many people to meet and befriend, many creations to admire, stores and sims to visit, and events to participate; have fun and relay together remembering that together with all the fantastic approach of the Fantasy Faire the reason to do it all is because we Relay, well, for Life. For many of us that started worked on this event months ago, the Faire ends the moment it starts officially because all what is done is now ready to live on its own and many of us already follow it with a melancholic trait of awareness this year’s Faire is done….. so how to actually enjoy the Faire till the last days? By remembering how Life itself is made, the moment we are born we are destined to die, but are we going to pass our whole existence waiting for death, or enjoy it and give to it a meaning as best we can? This is up to you. I am not american but I have My reasons to Relay, am sure you will find yours when defeating fear which is the only real death of the soul.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
Litany against fear, Bene Gesserit

Hrvatska Liga protiv raka
http://hlpr.hr/

Associazione italiana per la ricerca sul cancro
http://www.airc.it/

American cancer society
http://www.cancer.org/

Sophie

No comments: